Sunday, October 21, 2007

Commitment



I recently saw this commercial and I thought the message was great. We so often just give up on things instead of realizing what the problem might be and fixing it. This could be dealing with any issue...big or small. This could relate to churches as well. Now granted, not one church is going to fit everyone...people have their preferences, but does that mean if we don't like something we immediately bolt? What if the church is reaching lost people and doing what the Bible says the church should do...I guess for some they don't care. I guess some would rather be at a church where they can be recognized for how great they are...instead of a church that solely focuses on how great God is...hmmm...oh well though.

I am thankful for C3 and all they do to reach people and how they focus on Christ and how awesome He is.

Back to the video (I got a little side tracked...That happens to me a lot!) I thought it was awesome and really made me think about how easily I sometimes want to give up on stuff. It can be such an easy solution but I have found it can make things so much worse in the long run. I have never been one to have a "giving up" attitude with relationships (my marriage) but it happens to me with friendships. I used to give up on them so easily! One argument or disagreement of any kind and my first thought would be: "Oh well, guess we weren't that good of friends." What?? That's so crazy. I'm so glad I changed that way of thinking because I could have lost so many great people in my life...so many people that I am so grateful for.

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."
1 John 4:7-8

No comments: