Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Reach Out!

I have been thinking a lot lately about the community around me, and about reaching them. I am so proud to be part of C3 where our Pastor and staff have a desire to reach the community around us. I am looking forward to the amazing things C3 will do to reach the community, but at the same time I am reminded of what I need to be doing to reach the community. I have neighbors that I don't know and I am around thousands of people at school that I don't know...I am reminded that I should try to get to know them!

I know C3 is going to do a great job of reaching the community but lately God has been teaching me that we can do so much to help them! People are much more willing to go to a church when they know someone there...not that many people like the feeling of walking into a big church when they don't know a single person (I remember that...it wasn't fun!). Although, I think the theater will help with that...it's a familiar atmosphere...but it always makes it more comfortable if there is a familiar face. Sometimes, even with a familiar face, people don't like the idea of walking into any kind of church...I can understand that, too...who knows what kind of experience they have previously had in various churches!

This is why I am so thankful for our Home Team ministry. What an awesome way to connect with the community around you! I am excited to be able to invite the people around me to our young married home team. That just makes for such an easy invitation...to invite them to your house or to come with you to someone else's house close by. To me, it isn't as intimidating to someone to invite them into that setting versus a church setting. I love that C3 gives us this opportunity and tool to reach people!

I am so excited for the future at C3...I love that this is a place willing to do what it takes to reach the community and connect them with Christ!

No comments: