Monday, September 17, 2007

Keep Running!

My heart is heavy today for my friends who are hurting. So many of them have lost someone close to them in their lives...Not necessarily by death...but no matter how you lose someone it always hurts. I am praying so much for them and hoping that they will remember how much God and their friends love them.

I have noticed in times of pain and hurt is when you see God work the most in your life. It seems impossible to see in the moment, but once you start to walk through and out of it you can see how God was with you the whole time. You can see how He protected you and made the hurt not as bad as it could have been. You begin to see His purpose for it all as you walk through it, also. Although it seems that sometimes it isn't until you have overcome the hurt that you see His purpose for your pain.

Looking back in my own life I can see why God took certain people out of my life and why He put me in certain situations. However He may have done it and however bad it may have hurt at the time, I see the purpose now. Of course, no one in that situation wants to hear that it will all be okay. At that time, in my opinion, it is so hard to see that it actually will be okay. It seems like all you can see is what you are facing at that specific time.

We do have such an amazing and faithful God though! He always brings us through these situations and always has a purpose for people He brings in and even people He takes out of our lives. We serve an awesome God who loves us unconditionally!!

I was encouraged a while ago when I read this post by Angie. It reminded me to keep my eyes focused on the prize and to keep on running no matter what!

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
Philippians 3:12-14 (msg)

2 comments:

Angie Bledsoe said...

Keep running, girl. Never give up - never ever. Thanks for all you do in the race. I love your passion. Keep writing! Love you, Angie.

Monica Hunt said...

Thanks, Angie. You are such an encourager through everything you do.
Love you, too!