Thursday, December 27, 2007

Love is the Movement

I can't believe how fast Christmas went by...we had a great time with our families though! It's great to be able to spend some quality time with them. Matt and I are headed out for a little two day vacation tomorrow and I can't wait. =)

I just read Pastor Byron's blog and it hit something in me...I, just the other day was listening to someone rant about how "people" are taking Christ out of Christmas. They kept saying that people don't care about offending Christians. I couldn't agree more with what Pastor said....how can you expect lost people to act like they know Christ? How can you expect lost people to celebrate Christmas the same way people who know Christ do? ...maybe if we showed them what we truly celebrate they would see. Maybe if we loved them instead of ranted about them...maybe if we cared...and remembered that they need Him.

It amazes me how much I have changed over the past couple of years...I probably would have joined in the conversation about how lost people act, back then. Not anymore...I am so glad I see...I see that you can't expect people to come to know Christ when the one time they actually come to church you condemn them or judge them. I see what loving others is truly about. I see how you won't get anywhere with people if you don't love them. People need to be loved and most are so lacking in so many areas of life that the church is where they should always be able to find it. I'm proud to be a part of a church where people will find that love...C3 rocks and Love Wins :)

No comments: