Sunday, December 9, 2007

Amazing Sunday!

Today was another great C3 Sunday. I love how no matter what the sermon is about I get so much out of it...every Sunday! I absolutely love the atmosphere at C3- It's something that is brought about by people...not a building. Speaking of buildings, I can't wait to move to the theater. The time has gone by so fast! We only have two more Sundays in our buildings now...so exciting! Anyway- this morning Pastor spoke about what defines us and what we were born to do. It reminded me how important it is to not let your past mistakes define you. God forgives that and moves past it and so should we. God doesn't want us to limit ourselves by living in the past...we can't live the life that He has created for us if we continue to live in the past.

Crave was amazing tonight. Travis did a great job discussing how we need to make sure we are dependent on God in our daily lives and not just when bad things happen and we need Him. I think it's something that we can all relate to, not just students. So many times in my own life I try to solve my problems on my own without going to God. It's amazing the difference going to God with your problems instead of trying to do it all yourself makes.

My high school girls small group is made up of some awesome girls. They blew me away tonight. We were talking about how people have impacted their lives and a couple of the girls shared how others girls in the group have impacted their lives. I was moved to see how the group has grown together so much over the past months. To be honest...I had to hold back tears because knowing the way the group used to be and the way it is now...That is only God. Only He could do something so amazing and grow a group they way He has. He brought us some great girls that truly get it. They do such a great job of investing in new girls that come to the group. If they didn't the new girls wouldn't stay...but they do...and they open up and share because they feel safe. To feel safe to share your thoughts and feelings with a group of high school girls...that takes God. I am so grateful to be able to be a part of them,and I may be the small group leader- but they teach me so much!

Sunday's at C3 never get old...God is moving in miraculous ways in and through C3. It rocks and I already can't wait for next week.

No comments: