Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What a Story!

I was reading through some blogs today and I read a few posts from Vince Antonucci. I usually read his blogs but a couple I read tonight really encouraged me so I thought I would share one:

"Tonight is our service in the bar (and we wouldn't mind your prayers). Yesterday I heard about something I had somehow missed.

There's a bartender/waitress at this pub where we're meeting who is very pregnant. She used to be a stripper. (Let me make it clear that I have this information second-hand. I have seen her wait on tables, but I have never seen her strip.) Apparently there's not much call for pregnant strippers, so she had to find a new job, which is why she's now at the pub.

Anyway, a couple of our Forefront ladies decided to throw her a surprise baby shower. So a few weeks ago they showed up early on Tuesday night, with all kinds of presents for her! (How awesome is that?!? No offense to any one else's churches, but we have the coolest people on the planet!)
So, as you might expect, this lady is all shocked and surprised and grateful. But then she tells our girls that no one else has thrown her a baby shower! Not her stripper friends, her bar friends, no one. The only baby shower she's had is the one a few Christian women from Forefront threw her; women who had met her just a few times.

Okay, seriously, that's one of the best stories I've ever heard (typically you have to hang out with Tony Campollo to get something that good), and it happened at my church (!), and I didn't even hear about it until a couple of weeks after it happened (!!)."



What an amazing story! If people were more like this...well if "Christians" were more like this they wouldn't have the negative stereotypes associated with them now. Anyway...you really should also check out the post of his before that one. You can read it here. That is another really great story.

Blogging is so awesome because although I have never met this guy or been to his church....I get to see the amazing things God is doing there! I love hearing about churches that will do what it takes to reach the lost! No matter what that might be...even if they don't do church exactly like C3, if they're reaching lost people that is awesome. These stories make me so grateful for having a church like C3...that does do what it takes to reach the lost and uses the best methods for our area. I love getting to see how God is working in lives and how He has changed so many people's outlook on the church and the way it can be done!

Love really does win

No comments: