Friday, November 9, 2007

Reflections From the Week

This week has been one of learning for me. God has truly done a work in my life, He has taught me so much this week, and answered prayers. He has also really shown me that I have to be patient. I am not always a patient person...Matt can attest to that. But God has been teaching me that He isn't always going to answer my prayers immediately. I'm going to have to wait...sometimes much longer than I would want to. Of course, He has also shown me that when He does answer the prayers, it will be at the most perfect time. I have always know that we have to wait for questions and prayers to be answered, but I feel like I am learning to appreciate the waiting so much more. I have realized how much I grow in that waiting time, and how much I lean on Christ while not knowing all the answers. Not only do I grow closer to Christ, but closer to those around me that He has placed in my life to help me through times when I don't know all the answers. It is such a blessing to have people to count on and talk to. It may not be talking about problems...but just someone to share life with.

God has truly blessed me with Matt. I don't know how I would get through times of uncertainty without him. He is the one always reminding me how much he loves me. He is always there for me unconditionally and listens to me...even though I may say the same thing over and over again, or not make any sense at all, he still listens. I am so thankful that I get to spend my life with him!

So all in all, this has been a great week...I have gotten to spend a lot of time with different friends, spend time with Matt, and we got new furniture this week! :) Of course, most importantly God has really taught me so much lately...He has really opened my eyes about certain parts of my life...and I couldn't be more grateful.

*Thanks to all of you who prayed for my mom. She had her surgery and she is at home resting. From what my dad says she is doing just fine. :)

No comments: