Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crazy Week of Thanks...

This week has already been crazy so far! We have so much to do before our family comes in town tomorrow...I really should be cleaning instead of blogging but...oh well :)

I have been thinking a lot lately (not much else to do while you clean) and remembering how much I am thankful for. Also remembering that my problems in comparison to some people's are nothing at all. There is a family at C3 who just lost their husband and dad. My heart goes out to them and I would ask that you would be praying for them and she has two young children. I can't even imagine...I just pray that God would comfort her in this time and that she would have friends and family be there for her to support her through this most difficult time.

I am so very thankful for those people that God places in our lives to support and comfort us in difficult times. Those people He gives us to do life with. As Madea would call them...our roots. Madea is a smart woman! :) As Travis talked about on Sunday with the students...we all have a God-shaped hole in us...but we also have a human shaped one. God designed us to have community with others. He knows we need other people around us to do life with and connect with. I am grateful for those people in my life.

Of course, I am thankful for my wonderful husband! I don't know what I would do without him. He is there for me always and loves me unconditionally. Sometimes I don't know how he does it...I can be difficult at times ;) No matter how difficult I am...He still loves. His birthday is coming up very soon (Dec 7) and I can't wait to celebrate him...He is too amazing for words. I can't be thankful enough to God for placing us in each other's lives.

I will post more on my thankfulness later...these are just a couple things :)

-Love and Thanks to you

No comments: