Thursday, November 8, 2007

Prayer...

Please pray for my mom as she is having surgery tomorrow...nothing too major, but of course I can't help but be concerned.

They (my parents) don't know Christ and we do our best to show them His love. I have learned so much in the past year about the right and wrong ways to reach lost people. I have learned if you just treat them like people...regular people...instead of "sinners" (which we all are) they are more likely to respond. If you just love them, not love them like you will pray for their "sins" but love them like you would anyone else. Show them that you are just like them....you make mistakes too. Don't judge them! That is so huge to me because I remember when I didn't know Christ and I remember the feeling I had when I walked into church for the first time. I remember feeling like all the people around me were looking at me funny and that they all had to know that I wasn't a "Christian." I felt like they were judging me. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't...but I just remember how I felt. In reality, all of these things apply to how we should treat all people, Christ-Followers or not.

By the way...I, by no means, think I know it all about reaching people nor do I think I do all of these things perfect always....I just wanted to share what I, personally, have learned. It seems like these things would be a given...who wouldn't know these things. I knew them...but how did I apply them to my life? That is the difference now. I am still learning and am thankful for that. I love being able to learn new things and correct mistakes I'm making.

Anyway...I just wanted to ask for prayer and share my thoughts for the night...Thanks for the prayers.

Much Love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your mom.

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing your heart with us, Monica! Your mom is in our prayers. Love you!

Monica Hunt said...

Thanks Andrea :) And thanks Amanda :)
Love you, too and I hope you have a very happy birthday!!