Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Who's Up for a Challenge?

I have been challenged in many areas of my life lately, and I have started to realize that I enjoy being challenged. No matter what area of life it is...it seems to be something that has grown on me. Whether it is at work, in my family life, or in my faith.

I have definitely have been challenged at work. I have been trying to figure out a computer program (and I am by no means a computer wiz!)...the ins and outs of it and how to use it for various ministries. I found myself starting to get frustrated, thinking this must be impossible! When I did eventually figure it out...it was extremely rewarding! To be honest, I think I secretly like having to work to figure things out...No clue why, I just do! =) I am also moving to Power House this Sunday, instead of being in First Look. I am excited about the move. Although, I will miss my First Look teachers and kids, I am looking forward to getting to know more teachers and more kids! It will be a challenge, but again, one that I know will be very rewarding.

I also am challenged in my faith. I am challenged by those around me who encourage me to be the person God wants me to be. I am challenged when I find myself worrying about things that, I need to remember, God has control of. I am challenged by my husband who is always encouraging me and reminding me of the best way to handle situations, and I am challenged by myself at times...I know I should not have the fears I have, and I know that I should not let the insecurities I have get the best of me.

The great thing about knowing what fears and insecurities I have is that I have a God who is always there for me and I can give all my worries and fears to Him! I also have a husband who will encourage me and remind me that I am not perfect...and that's okay!

Thanks to all who have challenged and encouraged me lately!

"
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments: