Saturday, August 25, 2007

I love my husband, my friends, and...Fridays!

Fridays are great days! I get to sleep in, spend most of the day with Matt, and hangout with great friends in the evening! =) What could be better?!

Tonight got me thinking how grateful I am for the people God has placed in my life! From my husband, to our friends, I am so blessed! It is amazing how relationships can be formed, and how you can see God's hand in it. I think about how I met Matt...and how there were so many people working at that Target, but somehow we met each other. God's hand in our meeting was so evident! (Yes, Matt and I met by working at Target! =) ) I am so thankful for Matt...He is an amazing husband and has loved me and will love me no matter what!

This is also so evident in my friendships! I would not have met some of my best friends if it wasn't for meeting others first. God has shown how He has such a purpose for bringing certain people into your life, even if some of them are only in it for a short amount of time. You may, out of those short friendships, meet friends that you will have forever...your "roots."

For those of you who haven't seen Madea Goes to Jail, she makes an analogy about friends and compares them to trees. I wrote a blog about this on facebook a while back...Here it is.

Madea talked about friendships and the people that will come in and out of our lives, she used the analogy of a tree...Some she referred to as leaves: They will go back and forth and you never know when you can rely on them and when you cannot...they eventually will fall off after a season and no longer be by your side. Then you have branches: They (in my own opinion) use you for support, but don't hold their own weight. They take and take but rarely do they give, and they fall and break easily.
Then you have the Roots: You only need two or three or maybe even four, but they won't go anywhere. Branches may break, leaves will fall and you have many of each, but the roots are needed for the tree to have life. The roots are still there, even when you cut the tree down...The roots are your lifetime friends.

I have a couple friends that are my "roots" and I don't know where I would be without them. They have helped Matt and me through times when I feel like (if I was tree) someone was literally cutting me down. My "lifetime" friends who will still be there when the seasons change...when the going gets tough...and when it isn't so easy to be a friend. As Madea would say...if you can find two or even three of these count yourself blessed. Matt and I thank God for these people in our lives because even though they help us through the tough times they also are the people we have fun with, LAUGH with, and just share life with. I wish that everyone could have as great of friends that we have...those of you who do, know it...and those of you who don't...are looking for it...All I can think to do is thank God and thank them for their lifetime frienship...and of course...be their "roots."

So I thank God for who He brings in and out of our lives because you never know His purpose! I am just so grateful for the people I have in my life, they are amazing!

I love you guys!

No comments: