Thursday, August 16, 2007

Focused

I recently wrote a blog on my myspace about where we keep our focus...I want to share with you all on here also because I have been thinking a lot lately about my focus and where I am keeping it. Here it is...

I have to say, I don't quite understand people who don't share all the facts. People whose blogs consist of half-truths. Why don't they tell people the whole story...if you have nothing to hide then that should be no problem. I don't know why I let myself read some people's blogs, I know it is going to do nothing but discourage me.

I get upset because people are actually listening to these blogs made up of lies. If only they knew...

If only they knew the sacrifices our Pastor and leadership team have made! If only they knew the things that our Pastor could have said that would have made it easier on him, but he didn't because he has integrity! If only they knew the truth about the people they are listening to.

It's okay though. What I constantly have to remind myself is that the lies are not what I should be focusing on. I try to always focus on the lives that I get to see changed. The new children that I see walk in the doors of C3 every Sunday. I get to see (for those of you who don't know I work in children's ministry :) ) kids telling their parents they can't wait to come back to church, as they walk out the doors. That is what I focus on. I also focus on the new people that I see all the time. I love that I don't know everyone at our church because new people are constantly coming! I also love hearing how interested people are in our upcoming move to the theater!! Why shouldn't they be excited...I am excited!! :)

Those are the things I will do my best to focus on. I will do my best to always be forgiving of the lies people have to say about C3 and our Pastor and staff. I will not focus on those things or people because it will only hold me back from doing what God has in mind for me!

Fight for love!

No comments: